Join Our Team
At Desmos, we like hard problems, which is why we've picked one of the toughest ones in education: making challenging math engaging and accessible to everyone. We work in the middle intersection of great curriculum design and cutting edge technology, and we're hiring.
The PerksWe believe that great work requires a great workplace, thoughtful colleagues, a balanced life, and minimal distractions. Here is what it means to work at Desmos.
Great benefits.Full medical and dental, catered lunch every day, unlimited vacation days whenever you need them.
Productive environment.No mandatory meetings, bureaucracy, or artificial barriers. Full transparency and participation in company goals and direction.
Competitive compensation.We offer substantial equity, competitive salary, and retirement matching to every fulltime employee. We want everyone to feel both financially secure and deeply invested in the future of the company.
Work-life balance.We value results over hours, and sustainable, long-term success over short-term wins. We also love sleep.
At Desmos, our mission is to help every student learn math, and to love learning math. Our free graphing calculator is upending a multi-decade monopoly, making math available to the billions of the students in the world by breaking down barriers of income and even disability. This revolution has been recently covered by CNN, Bloomberg, USAToday, and dozens more. On top of this foundation, we’re now setting a new standard for digital math content, combining the best ideas from education research, technology, and design. We have a large and growing community of millions of students and teachers around the world.
We’re based in the heart of San Francisco, in a beautiful, sunny office in SOMA. We're backed by fantastic investors (including Google Ventures, Kapor Capital, and Learn Capital), but primarily focus on generating real revenue through what economic historians call a “Business Model.”
Desmos is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Furthermore, we believe that diversity leads to stronger teams, better products, and more successful companies. Come join us as we tackle the hard problems we love and build an enduring company in the process.
Desmos is on a mission to improve the quality of math education in every classroom. We do this by letting teachers and students access rich, interactive and pedagogically sound math experiences right on their browser. Building high-quality math content is no easy task, and requires close collaboration between teachers, designers and engineers, as well as constant testing in real classrooms.
Our engineering team builds elegant and flexible systems that can quickly respond to design and pedagogy demands. We are often tasked with coming up with creative solutions to get an interaction feeling just right. We empower our teachers and designers to create delightful and meaningful math experiences.
- A love of math and a curiosity about how students learn math.
- Experience designing and implementing large software systems.
- Expert at building rich interactions in the browser, or demonstrated ability to quickly become an expert.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and implement new tools and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
Does this sound like you?
Send an email with resume to email@example.com
The financial engine of our business is licensing our Application Programming Interface (API) to established and emerging partners, helping them push their content and assessment offerings to new heights. However, we have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish, and we need your help. We’re looking for someone to join our strategic business development team to create and maintain partnerships with companies to license the Desmos calculator API. This role doesn’t have a handbook; you define your pipeline, reach out to potential partners, and close deals. The fire in your belly for improving education and closing sales is what drives you to perform your job well.
- Qualify sales leads, schedule presentations and sales meetings, and close sales.
- Proactively create pipelines for new partnership opportunities.
- Maintain detailed account profiles in CRM application.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Regularly exceed revenue targets.
- Collect feedback from partners to help drive product improvements.
- SF-based, but should be open to travel (<25%).
- 3-5 years experience in business-to-business sales.
- Ambitious and self-motivated. (Growth and leadership opportunities will arise within the company as we grow.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Flexibility, friendliness, and resourcefulness.
- Comfortable with a high level of outbound communication via phone and email.
- A passion for education. (Bonus points for prior experience in math education!)
Does this sound like you?
Send an email with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org