Join Our Team
At Desmos, we like hard problems, which is why we've picked one of the toughest ones in education: making challenging math engaging and accessible to everyone. We work in the middle intersection of great curriculum design and cutting edge technology, and we're hiring.
The PerksWe believe that great work requires a great workplace, thoughtful colleagues, a balanced life, and minimal distractions. Here is what it means to work at Desmos.
Great benefits.Full medical and dental, catered lunch every day, unlimited vacation days whenever you need them.
Productive environment.No mandatory meetings, bureaucracy, or artificial barriers. Full transparency and participation in company goals and direction.
Competitive compensation.We offer substantial equity, competitive salary, and retirement matching to every fulltime employee. We want everyone to feel both financially secure and deeply invested in the future of the company.
Work-life balance.We value results over hours, and sustainable, long-term success over short-term wins. We also love sleep.
At Desmos, our mission is to help every student learn math, and to love learning math. Our free graphing calculator is upending a multi-decade monopoly, making math available to the billions of the students in the world by breaking down barriers of income and even disability. This revolution has been recently covered by CNN, Bloomberg, USAToday, and dozens more. On top of this foundation, we’re now setting a new standard for digital math content, combining the best ideas from education research, technology, and design. We have a large and growing community of millions of students and teachers around the world.
Desmos is backed by fantastic investors (including Google Ventures, Kapor Capital, and Learn Capital), but primarily focuses on generating real revenue through what economic historians call a “Business Model.” We have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish, and we need your help!
Desmos is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Furthermore, we believe that diversity leads to stronger teams, better products, and more successful companies. Come join us as we tackle the hard problems we love and build an enduring company in the process.
Desmos is looking for a detail-oriented Executive Assistant to join our team in downtown San Francisco. This role is critical to Desmos’s success. It will directly support our leadership team and ensure that Desmos operates like a well-oiled machine. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to jumpstart a career, or a long-time Executive Assistant who’s looking to contribute towards a fast-growing education technology company. Do you dream about logistics? Do you thrive on multitasking and juggling multiple priorities? Are you a fast learner and great communicator? Keep reading! We’d love to hear from you.
- Provide administrative support to key leaders at Desmos, including our CEO
- Coordinate meetings, events, and travel, including company offsites, conferences, and classroom visits
- Proactively ensure that the Desmos office has everything it needs to run smoothly (snacks, lunch, office supplies, marketing collateral)
- Special projects as needed!
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal)
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented
- Highly proficient with Google Apps, especially Docs and Calendar
- Flexible and proactive
- Kind, friendly, and upbeat
- Trustworthy – impeccable discretion with sensitive company and personal information
- Experience as an educator
- Experience as an Executive or Administrative Assistant, especially at a startup
- Experience with Desmos
Send an email with resume to email@example.com
The financial engine of our business is licensing our API to established and emerging partners, helping them push their content and assessment offerings to new heights. However, we have just scratched the surface of what we want to accomplish, and we need your help. We’re looking for an Account Executive to create and maintain partnerships with companies to license the calculator API. This role doesn’t have a handbook; you define your pipeline, reach out to potential partners, and close deals. You have a fire in your belly for sales and a passion to improve education.
- Qualify sales leads, schedule presentations and sales meetings, and close sales.
- Proactively reach out to create a pipeline for new partnership opportunities.
- Maintain detailed account profiles in CRM application.
- Negotiate contracts.
- Regularly exceed revenue targets.
- Collect, analyze, and report partnership data to other departments.
- SF-based, open to travel (<25%).
- 3-5 years experience in business-to-business sales.
- A history of ambition and self-motivation. (Growth and leadership opportunities will arise as the company grows.)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and attention to detail.
- Flexibility, friendliness, and resourcefulness.
- Comfortable with a high level of outbound communication via phone and email.
- A passion for education. (Bonus points for prior experience in the math sector.)
Does this sound like you?
Send an email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org